de la salle high school athletic media policies
de la salle coach and student-athlete interview policies
- interview requests for de la salle high school coaches and student-athletes should be made through the de la salle athletic department by contacting derricke brown, associate athletic director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or the de la salle communications office by contacting rich davi at email@example.com.
- all de la salle coach and student-athlete interview requests should be made 72 hours in advance.
- media members are asked to not contact de la salle student-athletes directly for interviews.
- when on campus during school hours (7:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.), all members of the media are required to check in with the main office to receive a visitors pass, for the time they will be on campus.
- after receiving the visitor pass, the media member will be directed to either derricke brown, rich davi, or a member of the coaching staff for their interview.
- should the member of the media organization be on campus after school hours, they must check in with derricke brown, rich davi, or a member of the coaching staff for their interview.
- a member of the athletic department or coaching staff, will coordinate all player interviews, and will be coordinated either before or after practice.
- team locker rooms are off limits to media representatives at all times.
practice media coverage
- members of the media may request access to attend practice through the athletics department.
- members of the media will have access to the last or first 20 minutes of practice to collect b-roll footage, for an interview or story.
- all interview requests will be arranged at the end of/or before the start of practice.
- please contact the athletics department to make arrangements.
game day media coverage
- members of the media wanting to cover a de la salle home athletic events will need to contact leo lopoz, vice president for athletics, at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a media credential, and will be required to fill out the de la salle athletics credential request form.
- the request will be reviewed and you will receive a response to your request within 72 hours.
- if you do not complete the de la salle athletics credential requests form, you will not receive a credential for access to the selected game.
- de la salle coaches and student-athletes will not be available for pregame interviews.
- de la salle coaches and student-athletes will be available to media games approximately 10 minutes after the conclusion of the game.
- the de la salle locker room is closed to all members of the media on game day.